How does ethnicity affect rhinophyma?

Rhinophyma affects mostly Caucasian men of English or Irish ethnicity. The condition is especially rare in Asians and African-Americans. Rosacea, the skin condition which in its advanced stages can lead to rhinophyma, most commonly affects people of Northern European or Celtic ethnicity.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How can I get rid of my chronic nasal congestion?
Chronic nasal congestion can be treated in a variety of ways. One the easiest and most effective met...
What is allergic rhinitis?
Retreat Doctors’ Hospital - HCA VirginiaRetreat Doctors’ Hospital - HCA Virginia
Allergies, sometimes referred to as allergic rhinitis, are a very common health problem involving an...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?