How does ethnicity affect rhinophyma?

Rhinophyma affects mostly Caucasian men of English or Irish ethnicity. The condition is especially rare in Asians and African-Americans. Rosacea, the skin condition which in its advanced stages can lead to rhinophyma, most commonly affects people of Northern European or Celtic ethnicity.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for non-allergic rhinitis?
Treatments for non-allergic rhinitis vary, depending on severity and type of symptoms. If your sympt...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?