How does ethnicity affect rhinophyma?

Rhinophyma affects mostly Caucasian men of English or Irish ethnicity. The condition is especially rare in Asians and African-Americans. Rosacea, the skin condition which in its advanced stages can lead to rhinophyma, most commonly affects people of Northern European or Celtic ethnicity.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How is a nose disorder diagnosed?
Nasal disorders are often diagnosed by the basic symptoms observed by you and your doctor. If furthe...
What are nose disorders?
Nose disorders, also called nasal disorders, are the problems that you may experience in your nose d...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?