How does rhinophyma affect breathing?

Rhinophyma is a rare complication of rosacea that can impair breathing. Rhinophyma causes oil glands in the skin to become enlarged, especially around the nose. The skin becomes thickened and causes the nose to develop a bulbous shape. In severe cases, people with rhinophyma may develop difficulty breathing through the nose. Various forms of surgery are available that can help improve the nose's appearance and restore normal breathing.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What is allergic rhinitis?
Retreat Doctors’ Hospital - HCA VirginiaRetreat Doctors’ Hospital - HCA Virginia
Allergies, sometimes referred to as allergic rhinitis, are a very common health problem involving an...
How do medications treat nose disorders?
Medications used to treat nose disorders usually work on reducing the inflammation that causes the d...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?