How will my doctor check for nasal polyps?

Your doctor will first examine your nasal cavity for nasal polyps. Many are visible and they might be able to find them this way and recommend the best preventative measure against catarrh. Some, however, are not visible through this examination and may require a CT scan of your head and sinuses.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Are there ever complications to surgery for nose disorders?
As with any surgery, nose disorder surgeries pose certain risk of complication. In addition to c...
How do other illnesses affect nose disorders?
Some inflammatory nose disorders, like rhinitis, may be complicated by conditions such as asthma, lu...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?