How does a deviated septum affect the body?

A deviated septum affects your nose by making one nostril narrower than the other. This can lead to several complications. If your deviation is bad enough, it could block one of your nostrils altogether and hinder drainage from your sinuses. This can cause chronic sinus infections. Constricted airflow may also dry out your nasal cavity and increase your risk for nosebleeds. On the other hand, if you only have a slight deviation you may not notice it all.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatments for non-allergic rhinitis vary, depending on severity and type of symptoms. If your sympt...
What are the treatment options for nose disorders?
Minor nose disorders like a runny nose may be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, but some di...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?