How does a deviated septum affect the body?

A deviated septum affects your nose by making one nostril narrower than the other. This can lead to several complications. If your deviation is bad enough, it could block one of your nostrils altogether and hinder drainage from your sinuses. This can cause chronic sinus infections. Constricted airflow may also dry out your nasal cavity and increase your risk for nosebleeds. On the other hand, if you only have a slight deviation you may not notice it all.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Can nose disorders be prevented?
Nose disorders cannot be completely prevented, but avoiding triggers and irritants that lead to infl...
How do other illnesses affect nose disorders?
Some inflammatory nose disorders, like rhinitis, may be complicated by conditions such as asthma, lu...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?