How does cryosurgery treat rhinophyma?

Cryosurgery uses very cold temperatures to remove unwanted tissues by freezing. The method is used to treat various conditions, including rhinophyma. Cold temperatures effectively remove defective glands with little pain or bleeding. However, cryosurgery offers the surgeon less control over the depth of the surgery than some other methods.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What can cause nasal drip?
MediGuardMediGuard
Allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, can cause the nasal drip that may lead to other symptoms.  There is...
How is a nose disorder diagnosed?
Nasal disorders are often diagnosed by the basic symptoms observed by you and your doctor. If furthe...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?