How does cryosurgery treat rhinophyma?

Cryosurgery uses very cold temperatures to remove unwanted tissues by freezing. The method is used to treat various conditions, including rhinophyma. Cold temperatures effectively remove defective glands with little pain or bleeding. However, cryosurgery offers the surgeon less control over the depth of the surgery than some other methods.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What is the rate of incidence of nose disorders?
Your nose is very important to your overall health and can be affected by many problems. As the nose...
What else besides GERD can cause mucous in my nose and throat?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
Mucous is naturally present in the throat. The sensation of "post nasal drip" or mucous in the throa...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?