How common is catarrh?

Catarrh is very common. Most people are affected by a cold, allergies, or non-allergic rhinitis at some time. This irritation can easily cause the excess of mucous that is characteristic of catarrh. Because it usually clears up rather quickly, very people have it for a longer than a few days at any one time.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How does non-allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Non-allergic rhinitis is caused by many things, including the common cold. About 1 billion people ar...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with nose disorders?
Caring for someone with a nose disorder requires first determining the cause. If a broken nose or ot...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?