How common is catarrh?

Catarrh is very common. Most people are affected by a cold, allergies, or non-allergic rhinitis at some time. This irritation can easily cause the excess of mucous that is characteristic of catarrh. Because it usually clears up rather quickly, very people have it for a longer than a few days at any one time.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What else besides GERD can cause mucous in my nose and throat?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
Mucous is naturally present in the throat. The sensation of "post nasal drip" or mucous in the throa...
What is seasonal allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Seasonal allergic rhinitis is another name for hay fever, which is an allergic reaction to seasonal ...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?