How does choanal atresia affect the body?

Choanal atresia makes it difficult to breathe through the nose. This is because the nasal passages are blocked. This condition causes oxygen deprivation and a bluish discoloration in infants, as they, by instinct, typically breathe through their noses after birth.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Are there ever complications to surgery for nose disorders?
As with any surgery, nose disorder surgeries pose certain risk of complication. In addition to c...
How is allergic rhinitis treated?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The most effective treatments for allergic rhinitis are corticosteroids or antihistamines that can b...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?