How does choanal atresia affect the body?

Choanal atresia makes it difficult to breathe through the nose. This is because the nasal passages are blocked. This condition causes oxygen deprivation and a bluish discoloration in infants, as they, by instinct, typically breathe through their noses after birth.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is a nose disorder serious?
Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airwa...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?