How does choanal atresia affect the body?

Choanal atresia makes it difficult to breathe through the nose. This is because the nasal passages are blocked. This condition causes oxygen deprivation and a bluish discoloration in infants, as they, by instinct, typically breathe through their noses after birth.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?
A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a sym...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?