How does catarrh affect the body?

When irritants in the body cause catarrh, a person will feel congested and possibly a headache or face pain. A person might also feel fatigue and require extra sleep. A loss of taste and smell can affect eating habits and throat pain can affect a person's desire to drink.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What is allergic rhinitis?
Allergic rhinitis is an irritation of the nasal passages. Allergens in your environment can cause al...
How do other illnesses affect nose disorders?
Some inflammatory nose disorders, like rhinitis, may be complicated by conditions such as asthma, lu...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?