What do I need to know about caring for someone with infective rhinitis?

Most adults who have infective rhinitis (a common cold) can care for themselves. However, if you are caring for someone with infective rhinitis who needs assistance, following simple good health practices can help prevent spreading the infection to yourself or others. Try not to touch any fluids from the person's nose. Use plastic gloves, wash hands often, and use disinfectant wipes on surfaces the person has touched. Keep the person warm and dry and give plenty of fluids. Over-the-counter medications may help reduce symptoms. Read label directions carefully.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
What can I do about my runny nose?
For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal spray...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?