What do I need to know about caring for someone with infective rhinitis?

Most adults who have infective rhinitis (a common cold) can care for themselves. However, if you are caring for someone with infective rhinitis who needs assistance, following simple good health practices can help prevent spreading the infection to yourself or others. Try not to touch any fluids from the person's nose. Use plastic gloves, wash hands often, and use disinfectant wipes on surfaces the person has touched. Keep the person warm and dry and give plenty of fluids. Over-the-counter medications may help reduce symptoms. Read label directions carefully.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What causes perennial allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Allergic rhinitis is a type of rhinitis caused by an allergy. When a person breathes in an allergen,...
Are there ever complications to surgery for nose disorders?
As with any surgery, nose disorder surgeries pose certain risk of complication. In addition to c...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?