How does age affect rhinophyma?

Rhinophyma usually occurs in people between the ages of 50 and 70. The condition is considered the final stage of severe rosacea. Rosacea worsens over time if left untreated, and rhinophyma develops slowly over many years. People with rosacea may avoid developing rhinophyma by treating their rosacea.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What can cause nasal drip?
MediGuardMediGuard
Allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, can cause the nasal drip that may lead to other symptoms.  There is...
How does non-allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Non-allergic rhinitis is caused by many things, including the common cold. About 1 billion people ar...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?