How does age affect rhinophyma?

Rhinophyma usually occurs in people between the ages of 50 and 70. The condition is considered the final stage of severe rosacea. Rosacea worsens over time if left untreated, and rhinophyma develops slowly over many years. People with rosacea may avoid developing rhinophyma by treating their rosacea.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What are the treatment options for non-allergic rhinitis?
Treatments for non-allergic rhinitis vary, depending on severity and type of symptoms. If your sympt...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?