Does drinking alcohol cause rhinophyma?

The popular association between alcohol consumption and having an enlarged, red nose has no scientific basis. Drinking alcohol can cause flushing and dilation of blood vessels, and so can aggravate rosacea, but it does not cause rhinophyma. Rhinophyma is no more prevalent among people who drink alcohol than among people who do not.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Are there ever complications to surgery for nose disorders?
As with any surgery, nose disorder surgeries pose certain risk of complication. In addition to c...
What are some triggers of non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Rhinitis is a condition in which the blood vessels that line the nose become inflamed and swollen, c...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?