Does neutrophilic rhinosinusitis affect children differently than adults?

The symptoms of neutrophilic rhinosinusitis are very similar in both children and adults. However, the treatment options for rhinosinusitis may prove more difficult for a child than for an adult. Treatments like steaming, warm compresses, and nasal rinses should be supervised or administered by an adult as they could result in burns and misusage. Also, parents should help their child to manage their congestion as congestion and troubled breathing can be cause for panic and frustration in a child.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is a nose disorder serious?
Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airwa...
Is there a cure for nose disorders?
Nose disorders that are a result of structural problems may be cured with surgical treatments. A dev...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?