Does neutrophilic rhinosinusitis affect children differently than adults?

The symptoms of neutrophilic rhinosinusitis are very similar in both children and adults. However, the treatment options for rhinosinusitis may prove more difficult for a child than for an adult. Treatments like steaming, warm compresses, and nasal rinses should be supervised or administered by an adult as they could result in burns and misusage. Also, parents should help their child to manage their congestion as congestion and troubled breathing can be cause for panic and frustration in a child.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Are there ever complications to surgery for nose disorders?
As with any surgery, nose disorder surgeries pose certain risk of complication. In addition to c...
What are the treatment options for non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatments for non-allergic rhinitis vary, depending on severity and type of symptoms. If your sympt...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?