Does infective rhinitis affect children different from adults?

Infective rhinitis (common cold) affects children in the same way as adults. The symptoms are the same. However, because children have lower immunity, they are more susceptible to the viruses that cause infective rhinitis and may experience infections more frequently. In addition, many over-the-counter (OTC) medications are not appropriate for children. Parents or caregivers should consult their pediatrician before giving OTC medications to children.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Are there alternative treatments for nose disorders?
The symptoms of nose disorders may be treatable with some alternative treatments. Nasal irrigation, ...
What is allergic rhinitis?
Allergic rhinitis is an irritation of the nasal passages. Allergens in your environment can cause al...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?