Does infective rhinitis affect children different from adults?

Infective rhinitis (common cold) affects children in the same way as adults. The symptoms are the same. However, because children have lower immunity, they are more susceptible to the viruses that cause infective rhinitis and may experience infections more frequently. In addition, many over-the-counter (OTC) medications are not appropriate for children. Parents or caregivers should consult their pediatrician before giving OTC medications to children.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What can I do about my runny nose?
For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal spray...
What are nose disorders?
Nose disorders, also called nasal disorders, are the problems that you may experience in your nose d...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?