Does choanal atresia have any complications?

There are some complications that may occur with choanal atresia. These include respiratory arrest from lack of oxygen, or aspiration if the baby inhales food or other substances while eating. After surgery, there is a chance that the condition may recur.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Are there alternative treatments for nose disorders?
The symptoms of nose disorders may be treatable with some alternative treatments. Nasal irrigation, ...
What is seasonal allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Seasonal allergic rhinitis is another name for hay fever, which is an allergic reaction to seasonal ...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?