Does catarrh run in families?

Catarrh is not contagious, but may be caused by contagious infections. Be hygienic and encourage cleanliness when around someone who has symptoms of catarrh. It may be the result of a contagious cold or infection.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Are there ever complications to surgery for nose disorders?
As with any surgery, nose disorder surgeries pose certain risk of complication. In addition to c...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with nose disorders?
Caring for someone with a nose disorder requires first determining the cause. If a broken nose or ot...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?