Does catarrh run in families?

Catarrh is not contagious, but may be caused by contagious infections. Be hygienic and encourage cleanliness when around someone who has symptoms of catarrh. It may be the result of a contagious cold or infection.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Do nose disorders affect children differently than adults?
Some nose disorders are common to both children and adults with similar symptoms and treatments. Som...
Why do I keep getting bloody noses?
There are two types of bloody noses. In this video, Dr. Oz discusses the kind of bloody nose to ...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?