Does catarrh have any complications?

The buildup of mucous of catarrh can prevent the ear from releasing pressure. This is called ear barotrauma. Symptoms of this include pain in the ear- especially when underwater or at high altitude, nose bleeds, or headaches. A person might slightly lose some hearing or more severely lose hearing in extreme cases under high pressure.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How do nose disorders affect the body?
Regardless of the cause of nose disorder, the effect on the body is determined by the severity of th...
What are the treatment options for non-allergic rhinitis?
Treatments for non-allergic rhinitis vary, depending on severity and type of symptoms. If your sympt...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?