Does catarrh have any complications?

The buildup of mucous of catarrh can prevent the ear from releasing pressure. This is called ear barotrauma. Symptoms of this include pain in the ear- especially when underwater or at high altitude, nose bleeds, or headaches. A person might slightly lose some hearing or more severely lose hearing in extreme cases under high pressure.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What are some triggers of non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Rhinitis is a condition in which the blood vessels that line the nose become inflamed and swollen, c...
What increases my risk for nose disorders?
Your risk for nose disorders increases depending on your health and your level of activity. Structur...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?