Does anosmia affect children differently than adults?

There is no evidence to suggest that anosmia affects children differently than adults. People who are born with anosmia are very rare. Anosmia is much more common in people who are older than age 50.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is a nose disorder serious?
Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airwa...
How do nose disorders affect the body?
Regardless of the cause of nose disorder, the effect on the body is determined by the severity of th...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?