Do pregnant women get anosmia?

In general, pregnant women do not get anosmia, which is a disorder of the sensory system that causes a person to lose his or her sense of smell. Pregnant women usually have a heightened sense of smell, which is called hyperosmia. However, certain underlying conditions that can cause anosmia, such as allergies, smoking, or polyps, can occur in anyone. In these cases, the anosmia is usually temporary, and will go away when the underlying condition clears up.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Can nose disorders be prevented?
Nose disorders cannot be completely prevented, but avoiding triggers and irritants that lead to infl...
What can cause nasal drip?
MediGuardMediGuard
Allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, can cause the nasal drip that may lead to other symptoms.  There is...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?