What can I do about my runny nose?

For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal sprays may help relieve some symptoms of viral infections. Remember, always use over-the-counter products as directed. Many over-the-counter products are not recommended for children younger than certain ages.

For a runny nose, use a decongestant or saline nasal spray to help relieve nasal symptoms (check what is safe to give your child).

Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)

Runny noses are not always caused by allergies. In this video, Dr. Oz discusses a device that can stop runny noses.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
Should I talk to my doctor about a nose disorder?
Nose disorders can interrupt daily activity and sleep. Some symptoms of nose disorders are common to...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?