Can I develop choanal atresia as an adult?

It is not possible to develop choanal atresia as an adult. It is always present at birth and almost always diagnosed then or shortly after. Even adults who had choanal atresia as a baby often do not suffer any lingering after-effects.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are some triggers of non-allergic rhinitis?
Rhinitis is a condition in which the blood vessels that line the nose become inflamed and swollen, c...
What are the treatment options for nose disorders?
Minor nose disorders like a runny nose may be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, but some di...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?