Can I develop choanal atresia as an adult?

It is not possible to develop choanal atresia as an adult. It is always present at birth and almost always diagnosed then or shortly after. Even adults who had choanal atresia as a baby often do not suffer any lingering after-effects.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How is a nose disorder diagnosed?
Nasal disorders are often diagnosed by the basic symptoms observed by you and your doctor. If furthe...
What is seasonal allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Seasonal allergic rhinitis is another name for hay fever, which is an allergic reaction to seasonal ...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?