Are there complications with nasal surgery for rhinophyma?

Complications with nasal surgeries, like those used to treat rhinophyma, are rare but they can happen. Some complications include the need for further surgery, scarring, infection, and the risks associated with any anesthesia. Fortunately, advances in technology have greatly reduced the incidence of complications from anesthesia. Follow-up care during the healing process after the surgery is very important, so if any complications do occur, they can be treated right away.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Does nasal lavage help with nose disorders?
Nasal lavage, or nasal irrigation, helps to reduce the swelling and inflammation connected to nose d...
How does non-allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Non-allergic rhinitis is caused by many things, including the common cold. About 1 billion people ar...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?