Is choanal atresia in only one nasal passage serious?

Choanal atresia on only one side may result in less severe symptoms for your baby than if the blockage affected both. As a result, the condition can go undiagnosed for some time after birth. However, blockage of one passage still causes difficulty breathing in infants and should be corrected.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Should I talk to my doctor about a nose disorder?
Nose disorders can interrupt daily activity and sleep. Some symptoms of nose disorders are common to...
How is allergic rhinitis treated?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The most effective treatments for allergic rhinitis are corticosteroids or antihistamines that can b...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?