Is choanal atresia in only one nasal passage serious?

Choanal atresia on only one side may result in less severe symptoms for your baby than if the blockage affected both. As a result, the condition can go undiagnosed for some time after birth. However, blockage of one passage still causes difficulty breathing in infants and should be corrected.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What can I do for nasal congestion?
Tasneem H. Bhatia, MDTasneem H. Bhatia, MD
Natural remedies can be effective for clearing a stuffy nose, says integrative medicine speciali...
How does non-allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Non-allergic rhinitis is caused by many things, including the common cold. About 1 billion people ar...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?