How is choanal atresia managed before surgery?

Before surgery, the aim is to keep your infant alive and breathing. A plastic tube may be inserted into your baby's mouth in order to keep the breathing airway open. This is called intubation. A tracheostomy is another, similar type of tube-inserting procedure that serves the same purpose.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for non-allergic rhinitis?
Treatments for non-allergic rhinitis vary, depending on severity and type of symptoms. If your sympt...
How can I get rid of my chronic nasal congestion?
Chronic nasal congestion can be treated in a variety of ways. One the easiest and most effective met...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?