Does choanal atresia affect females differently than males?

Choanal atresia affects females differently than males in that female babies are more likely to be born with the condition. The reason for this is not known. The symptoms and effects on the infant is the same for either sex, though.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Are allergies the same as nose disorders?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
The nose is just one of many parts of the body that can be affected by allergies. And nose disorders...
Why do I keep getting bloody noses?
There are two types of bloody noses. In this video, Dr. Oz discusses the kind of bloody nose to ...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?