Does choanal atresia affect females differently than males?

Choanal atresia affects females differently than males in that female babies are more likely to be born with the condition. The reason for this is not known. The symptoms and effects on the infant is the same for either sex, though.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for non-allergic rhinitis?
Treatments for non-allergic rhinitis vary, depending on severity and type of symptoms. If your sympt...
Do nose disorders affect children differently than adults?
Some nose disorders are common to both children and adults with similar symptoms and treatments. Som...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?