Does choanal atresia affect children differently than adults?

Choanal atresia is congenital, meaning that you are born with the condition, and poses the greatest danger to newborns. By adulthood - even by early childhood - the condition has already likely been treated and resolved. It is extremely unlikely that an adult would have gone undiagnosed.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What are the treatment options for nose disorders?
Minor nose disorders like a runny nose may be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, but some di...
Do nose disorders affect children differently than adults?
Some nose disorders are common to both children and adults with similar symptoms and treatments. Som...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?