Does choanal atresia affect children differently than adults?

Choanal atresia is congenital, meaning that you are born with the condition, and poses the greatest danger to newborns. By adulthood - even by early childhood - the condition has already likely been treated and resolved. It is extremely unlikely that an adult would have gone undiagnosed.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How do nose disorders affect the body?
Regardless of the cause of nose disorder, the effect on the body is determined by the severity of th...
What are nose disorders?
Nose disorders, also called nasal disorders, are the problems that you may experience in your nose d...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?