How does carbon dioxide laser surgery treat rhinophyma?

A carbon dioxide laser is a surgical tool that uses a pattern of light beams or short pulses of light to remove very thin layers of tissue. Carbon dioxide lasers have been used to successfully treat rhinophyma, among other skin conditions. The treatment causes less bleeding and heat damage than other types of surgeries, and has easier follow-up care. However, carbon dioxide laser surgery is also more expensive and takes longer to perform than other methods.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How does perennial allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Like seasonal allergic rhinitis caused by seasonal allergies, perennial allergic rhinitis occurs whe...
Do nose disorders affect children differently than adults?
Some nose disorders are common to both children and adults with similar symptoms and treatments. Som...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?