Can vasomotor rhinitis have any complications?

If the symptoms of vasomotor rhinitis persist for weeks without being checked, several complications may develop. Complications include middle ear infections and chronic sinusitis due to extended nasal decongestion. The condition may also produce growths that develop on the mucous membranes of the nose known as nasal polyps. These can block nasal passages if they get too large.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How do I care for someone with non-allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If you are caring for someone who has non-allergic rhinitis, there are things you can do to help the...
What is the long-term prognosis for someone with nose disorders?
The long-term prognosis for nose disorder is good in that nose disorders are rarely serious. Some no...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?