Can vasomotor rhinitis have any complications?

If the symptoms of vasomotor rhinitis persist for weeks without being checked, several complications may develop. Complications include middle ear infections and chronic sinusitis due to extended nasal decongestion. The condition may also produce growths that develop on the mucous membranes of the nose known as nasal polyps. These can block nasal passages if they get too large.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How do other illnesses affect nose disorders?
Some inflammatory nose disorders, like rhinitis, may be complicated by conditions such as asthma, lu...
What increases my risk for nose disorders?
Your risk for nose disorders increases depending on your health and your level of activity. Structur...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?