Can structural rhinitis be prevented?

Structural rhinitis cannot be prevented if it is present at birth. You can prevent it later by taking precautions against injury. This may include wearing a helmet  and or face mask when playing sports and wearing a seatbelt in the car.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How do medications treat nose disorders?
Medications used to treat nose disorders usually work on reducing the inflammation that causes the d...
How does nasal congestion impair my hearing?
Diana K. Blythe, MDDiana K. Blythe, MD
Nasal congestion can impair your hearing if it causes your eustachian tubes to be blocked. Whether t...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?