Can rhinophyma be prevented?

Rhinophyma may be prevented by treating rosacea before it progresses to its advanced stages. To prevent the progress of rosacea, avoid extreme temperatures, sunlight, wind, stress, cosmetics, hot baths, and food or drinks that cause dilation of blood vessels. These foods and drinks include coffee, alcohol, caffeinated drinks, and spicy foods. Much is still unknown about the causes of rhinophyma, however, so prevention may not be possible.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Does smoking cigarettes lead to nose disorders?
Cigarette smoking negatively affects every organ in your body, including your nose. While cigarette ...
Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?
A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a sym...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?