Can rhinophyma be prevented?

Rhinophyma may be prevented by treating rosacea before it progresses to its advanced stages. To prevent the progress of rosacea, avoid extreme temperatures, sunlight, wind, stress, cosmetics, hot baths, and food or drinks that cause dilation of blood vessels. These foods and drinks include coffee, alcohol, caffeinated drinks, and spicy foods. Much is still unknown about the causes of rhinophyma, however, so prevention may not be possible.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for nose disorders?
Minor nose disorders like a runny nose may be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, but some di...
Is there a cure for nose disorders?
Nose disorders that are a result of structural problems may be cured with surgical treatments. A dev...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?