Can neutrophilic rhinosinusitis go untreated?

If your neutrophilic rhinosinusitis is caused by a viral infection like a cold or flu, it is okay to let the condition go untreated. Viruses usually just run their course and do not need to be treated by antibiotic. Instead, you can use home remedies to treat the symptoms of neutrophilic rhinosinusitis. If your cold develops into a sinus infection, however, you should take an antibiotic to kill the infection.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is a nose disorder serious?
Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airwa...
How can I get rid of my chronic nasal congestion?
Chronic nasal congestion can be treated in a variety of ways. One the easiest and most effective met...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?