Can neutrophilic rhinosinusitis go untreated?

If your neutrophilic rhinosinusitis is caused by a viral infection like a cold or flu, it is okay to let the condition go untreated. Viruses usually just run their course and do not need to be treated by antibiotic. Instead, you can use home remedies to treat the symptoms of neutrophilic rhinosinusitis. If your cold develops into a sinus infection, however, you should take an antibiotic to kill the infection.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What risk factors are associated with a tumor in the nose or sinuses?
Satish Govindaraj, MDSatish Govindaraj, MD
Risk factors associated with an increased chance of developing malignant tumors of the nose and ...
How does allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Allergic rhinitis affects the body by causing sinus irritation. You will likely experience cold symp...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?