Can infective rhinitis be prevented?

Medical research has not yet produced a vaccine that can prevent infective rhinitis (a common cold). However, a person who has been infected with the virus can help prevent spreading it by not allowing nasal secretions to come into contact with others. This can be done by not touching others, washing hands often, and sneezing or coughing into tissues that are disposed of appropriately.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for catarrh?
For catarrh that only lasts a couple of days, you can relieve your discomfort by using a decongestan...
How does allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Allergic rhinitis affects the body by causing sinus irritation. You will likely experience cold symp...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?