Can I use a neti pot if I have a deviated septum?

Christopher M. Garvey, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)
Yes, you can use a neti pot with a deviated septum. If your septum is severely deviated, you may have difficulty getting the saline from the neti pot to the back of your nose on the side of the deviation. In most cases, the neti pot can still be helpful with your symptoms despite a crooked septum.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What risk factors are associated with a tumor in the nose or sinuses?
Satish Govindaraj, MDSatish Govindaraj, MD
Risk factors associated with an increased chance of developing malignant tumors of the nose and ...
Does smoking cigarettes lead to nose disorders?
Cigarette smoking negatively affects every organ in your body, including your nose. While cigarette ...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?