Can I use a neti pot if I have a deviated septum?

Christopher M. Garvey, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)
Yes, you can use a neti pot with a deviated septum. If your septum is severely deviated, you may have difficulty getting the saline from the neti pot to the back of your nose on the side of the deviation. In most cases, the neti pot can still be helpful with your symptoms despite a crooked septum.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What can I do about my runny nose?
For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal spray...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis treated?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Medicine and surgery can treat sinusitis, but rhinitis is treated with a nasal spray. In this video,...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?