Can a deviated septum be cured?

A deviated septum can often be fixed with surgery. A procedure called septoplasty is used to place your septum in the center of your nose. This may involve actually removing part of your septum to make it fit. Once your septum is properly positioned, the symptoms you experienced as a result of your deviated septum should go away.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How does non-allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Non-allergic rhinitis is caused by many things, including the common cold. About 1 billion people ar...
What is the rate of incidence of nose disorders?
Your nose is very important to your overall health and can be affected by many problems. As the nose...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?