Can a deviated septum be cured?

A deviated septum can often be fixed with surgery. A procedure called septoplasty is used to place your septum in the center of your nose. This may involve actually removing part of your septum to make it fit. Once your septum is properly positioned, the symptoms you experienced as a result of your deviated septum should go away.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
Should I talk to my doctor about a nose disorder?
Nose disorders can interrupt daily activity and sleep. Some symptoms of nose disorders are common to...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?