Is choanal atresia preventable?

It is impossible to prevent choanal atresia. The cause is still unknown, and the problem is always present at birth. At this point, doctors are even unsure as to what factors may be related to the condition.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How do I manage my allergic rhinitis on a daily basis?
Pay attention to what brings on your allergic rhinitis symptoms, and try to avoid those allergens th...
Is there a cure for nose disorders?
Nose disorders that are a result of structural problems may be cured with surgical treatments. A dev...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?