Can children have a deviated septum?

Anyone can have a deviated septum and that includes children. In fact, there are only two ways to get a deviated septum. You are either born with one or it is caused by an injury. Children born with a deviated septum often have trouble breathing and they also tend to breathe loudly. The good news is that a deviated septum can usually be fixed with surgery.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How does non-allergic rhinitis affect the body?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Non-allergic rhinitis is caused by many things, including the common cold. About 1 billion people ar...
Are nose disorders more common for pregnant women?
Pregnant women experience hormonal changes that sometimes cause symptoms like nasal congestion or ru...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?