Can children have a deviated septum?

Anyone can have a deviated septum and that includes children. In fact, there are only two ways to get a deviated septum. You are either born with one or it is caused by an injury. Children born with a deviated septum often have trouble breathing and they also tend to breathe loudly. The good news is that a deviated septum can usually be fixed with surgery.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What is the long-term prognosis for someone with nose disorders?
The long-term prognosis for nose disorder is good in that nose disorders are rarely serious. Some no...
Does smoking cigarettes lead to nose disorders?
Cigarette smoking negatively affects every organ in your body, including your nose. While cigarette ...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?