Can catarrh be prevented?

Catarrh can be prevented by avoiding triggers for irritation. Take care to avoid ingesting pathogens by washing your hands to prevent colds. Avoid allergic reactions by taking allergy medication around known triggers and during troublesome times of year. For non-allergic rhinitis, take care around triggers like polluted areas and smoke. You can lessen nasal polyps through steroid nasal spray.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What causes perennial allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Allergic rhinitis is a type of rhinitis caused by an allergy. When a person breathes in an allergen,...
What is the rate of incidence of nose disorders?
Your nose is very important to your overall health and can be affected by many problems. As the nose...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?