Can acute rhinitis be prevented?

You can avoid the acute rhinitis caused by the common cold by avoiding contact with cold viruses. Washing your hands regularly, avoiding contact with infected people, and avoiding contact with personal items of an infected person are ways you can reduce your exposure to the viruses that cause colds. Avoiding allergens is the best way to prevent allergic rhinitis, but if the allergens are common ones, such as pollen and dust, this can be tricky. Allergy shots and some medications are used to prevent the rhinitis of common allergies, such as seasonal allergies.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What causes perennial allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Allergic rhinitis is a type of rhinitis caused by an allergy. When a person breathes in an allergen,...
What can I do about my runny nose?
For children and adults, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers, decongestants and saline nasal spray...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?