Can acute rhinitis be prevented?

You can avoid the acute rhinitis caused by the common cold by avoiding contact with cold viruses. Washing your hands regularly, avoiding contact with infected people, and avoiding contact with personal items of an infected person are ways you can reduce your exposure to the viruses that cause colds. Avoiding allergens is the best way to prevent allergic rhinitis, but if the allergens are common ones, such as pollen and dust, this can be tricky. Allergy shots and some medications are used to prevent the rhinitis of common allergies, such as seasonal allergies.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are some triggers of non-allergic rhinitis?
Rhinitis is a condition in which the blood vessels that line the nose become inflamed and swollen, c...
Will nose disorders affect my sense of smell and taste?
Your sense of taste and smell are directly connected to how well your nose is functioning. Whereas t...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?