What is the best way to prevent vasomotor rhinitis?

Vasomotor rhinitis can be prevented by avoiding using a lot of nasal decongestants as well as exposing yourself to irritants that trigger an episode. You can use a humidifier, too, to treat the condition. Additionally, consulting a doctor if the symptoms persist to avoid development of complications is a good way of preventing the problem.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What is allergic rhinitis?
Allergic rhinitis is an irritation of the nasal passages. Allergens in your environment can cause al...
Why do I keep getting bloody noses?
There are two types of bloody noses. In this video, Dr. Oz discusses the kind of bloody nose to ...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?