What is the aspirin/nasal polyp triad?

Some people cannot take aspirin or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) because of the aspirin/nasal polyp triad. This aspirin sensitivity occurs in about 10% to 15% percent of people with asthma and 30% to 40% percent of those who have asthma and nasal polyps. You might feel such symptoms as itching, rashes, hives, swelling, nasal congestion, and wheezing. Talk to your doctor about alternative therapies for resolving pain if you have this sensitivity.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
What can cause growths in the nose that occasionally bleed?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
There are many things that grow in noses that can occasionally bleed. Without seeing what is growing...
How can I get rid of my chronic nasal congestion?
Chronic nasal congestion can be treated in a variety of ways. One the easiest and most effective met...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?