What is the aspirin/nasal polyp triad?

Some people cannot take aspirin or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) because of the aspirin/nasal polyp triad. This aspirin sensitivity occurs in about 10% to 15% percent of people with asthma and 30% to 40% percent of those who have asthma and nasal polyps. You might feel such symptoms as itching, rashes, hives, swelling, nasal congestion, and wheezing. Talk to your doctor about alternative therapies for resolving pain if you have this sensitivity.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Are allergies the same as nose disorders?
Brian J. Broker, MDBrian J. Broker, MD
The nose is just one of many parts of the body that can be affected by allergies. And nose disorders...
Does smoking cigarettes lead to nose disorders?
Cigarette smoking negatively affects every organ in your body, including your nose. While cigarette ...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?