Are prescription medications available for catarrh?

Most decongestants used to treat catarrh are over-the-counter. If your symptoms are severe, a doctor might prescribe prescription-strength decongestants. Steroids used to treat inflammation come in both over-the-counter and prescription-strength varieties, also.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
What You Need to Know About Nosebleeds
You’re more likely to get nosebleeds during the cold and dry winter months. In most cases, nosebleeds aren’t anything to worry about, but they can be ...
How do I manage my allergic rhinitis on a daily basis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Pay attention to what brings on your allergic rhinitis symptoms, and try to avoid those allergens th...
How can I get rid of my chronic nasal congestion?
Chronic nasal congestion can be treated in a variety of ways. One the easiest and most effective met...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?