Are prescription medications available for catarrh?

Most decongestants used to treat catarrh are over-the-counter. If your symptoms are severe, a doctor might prescribe prescription-strength decongestants. Steroids used to treat inflammation come in both over-the-counter and prescription-strength varieties, also.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How do medications treat nose disorders?
Medications used to treat nose disorders usually work on reducing the inflammation that causes the d...
Should I talk to my doctor about my non-allergic rhinitis symptoms?
Symptoms such as nasal congestion are related to non-allergic rhinitis and can recur year-round. In ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?