Are there drugs that help prevent chronic nosebleeds?

There aren’t any specific medications to treat nosebleeds. Most people use Vaseline in the nose or a saline nasal spray to keep the nostrils moist.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Georgia College & State University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are nose disorders?
Nose disorders, also called nasal disorders, are the problems that you may experience in your nose d...
Should I talk to my doctor about my non-allergic rhinitis symptoms?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Symptoms such as nasal congestion are related to non-allergic rhinitis and can recur year-round. In ...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?