Are there alternative treatments for anosmia?

One alternative treatment for anosmia is to take zinc supplements. In cases when your doctor cannot find reasons for your anosmia, you may find that zinc is helpful in restoring your sense of smell. You do not need a prescription to buy zinc supplements. Talk to your doctor about other alternative treatments for anosmia.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is a stuffy nose a type of nose disorder?
A stuffy nose, also known as nasal congestion, is not so much a type of nose disorder as it is a sym...
What causes perennial allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Allergic rhinitis is a type of rhinitis caused by an allergy. When a person breathes in an allergen,...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?