Are there alternative treatments for anosmia?

One alternative treatment for anosmia is to take zinc supplements. In cases when your doctor cannot find reasons for your anosmia, you may find that zinc is helpful in restoring your sense of smell. You do not need a prescription to buy zinc supplements. Talk to your doctor about other alternative treatments for anosmia.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for perennial allergic rhinitis?
If possible, the best treatment for perennial allergies is to remove the allergen from the environme...
Is laryngeal papillomatosis considered a nose disorder?
Laryngeal papillomatosis is a tumor of the voice box caused by the human papillomavirus. Although la...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?