Are there alternative treatments for anosmia?

One alternative treatment for anosmia is to take zinc supplements. In cases when your doctor cannot find reasons for your anosmia, you may find that zinc is helpful in restoring your sense of smell. You do not need a prescription to buy zinc supplements. Talk to your doctor about other alternative treatments for anosmia.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What can I do for nasal congestion?
Tasneem H. Bhatia, MDTasneem H. Bhatia, MD
Natural remedies can be effective for clearing a stuffy nose, says integrative medicine speciali...
What risk factors are associated with a tumor in the nose or sinuses?
Satish Govindaraj, MDSatish Govindaraj, MD
Risk factors associated with an increased chance of developing malignant tumors of the nose and ...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?