Are there alternative treatments for vasomotor rhinitis?

If you choose not to treat vasomotor rhinitis with over-the-counter or prescription medications, some alternative treatments exist for the condition. You can use a saline solution to rinse out your nasal passages. You can also blow your nose regularly and gently to keep airways free of mucus and irritants. A humidifier a night or at work may help keep the mucus loose and prevent stuffiness. It is also important to drink plenty of fluids and avoid caffeine.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Is a nose disorder serious?
Unless a nose disorder is the result of a malignant tumor or causes serious obstruction to the airwa...
Is it dangerous to hold in a sneeze?
Holding in a sneeze is like holding down the top of a jack-in-the-box. Why not just let it out? The ...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?