Are there alternative treatments for vasomotor rhinitis?

If you choose not to treat vasomotor rhinitis with over-the-counter or prescription medications, some alternative treatments exist for the condition. You can use a saline solution to rinse out your nasal passages. You can also blow your nose regularly and gently to keep airways free of mucus and irritants. A humidifier a night or at work may help keep the mucus loose and prevent stuffiness. It is also important to drink plenty of fluids and avoid caffeine.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How are sinusitis and rhinitis treated?
Alen N. Cohen, MDAlen N. Cohen, MD
Medicine and surgery can treat sinusitis, but rhinitis is treated with a nasal spray. In this video,...
Is there a cure for nose disorders?
Nose disorders that are a result of structural problems may be cured with surgical treatments. A dev...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?