Are there alternative treatments for rhinitis medicamentosa?

The use of saline sprays or a neti pot (a  jug used to perform nasal irrigation) are alternative treatments for rhinitis medicamentosa. These treatments attempt to ease the congestion and inflammation of the nasal passages caused by the condition. Drinking plenty of fluids and avoiding caffeine can also help keep you hydrated.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How do medications treat nose disorders?
Medications used to treat nose disorders usually work on reducing the inflammation that causes the d...
Do nose disorders affect children differently than adults?
Some nose disorders are common to both children and adults with similar symptoms and treatments. Som...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?