Are there alternative treatments for rhinitis medicamentosa?

The use of saline sprays or a neti pot (a  jug used to perform nasal irrigation) are alternative treatments for rhinitis medicamentosa. These treatments attempt to ease the congestion and inflammation of the nasal passages caused by the condition. Drinking plenty of fluids and avoiding caffeine can also help keep you hydrated.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
What are the treatment options for nose disorders?
Minor nose disorders like a runny nose may be treated with an over-the-counter medicine, but some di...
What can I do for nasal congestion?
Tasneem H. Bhatia, MDTasneem H. Bhatia, MD
Natural remedies can be effective for clearing a stuffy nose, says integrative medicine speciali...
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?
What Can I Do About My Runny Nose?