Are there alternative treatments for a deviated septum?

There are no alternative treatments for a deviated septum. The only permanent solution is a surgical procedure called septoplasty that repositions your septum in the center of your nose. Alternative treatments aimed at relieving congestion may provide you with some relief from the symptoms caused by your deviated septum, but they can do nothing to actually fix the problem. If your deviated septum is causing serious health complications talk to your doctor about getting treatment.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
How do nose disorders affect the body?
Regardless of the cause of nose disorder, the effect on the body is determined by the severity of th...
How do I manage my allergic rhinitis on a daily basis?
Pay attention to what brings on your allergic rhinitis symptoms, and try to avoid those allergens th...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?