How does acute rhinitis affect the body?

Acute rhinitis occurs when the membranes inside the nose become inflamed, resulting in congestion and a runny nose. Viral rhinitis caused by the common cold primarily produces sneezing, nasal congestion, runny nose, and a sore throat. Allergic rhinitis involves itching, runny nose, nasal congestion, and itching or watering of the eyes.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Should I talk to my doctor about a nose disorder?
Nose disorders can interrupt daily activity and sleep. Some symptoms of nose disorders are common to...
Why do I keep getting bloody noses?
There are two types of bloody noses. In this video, Dr. Oz discusses the kind of bloody nose to ...
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?
What Can I Do for Nasal Congestion?