How does acute rhinitis affect the body?

Acute rhinitis occurs when the membranes inside the nose become inflamed, resulting in congestion and a runny nose. Viral rhinitis caused by the common cold primarily produces sneezing, nasal congestion, runny nose, and a sore throat. Allergic rhinitis involves itching, runny nose, nasal congestion, and itching or watering of the eyes.

Continue Learning about Nose Disorders

Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal Polyps and Eosinophilic Asthma
Nasal polyps are benign growths that form in the nasal cavity and sinuses. Shaped like teardrops, they vary in size and may form on their own or in cl...
Will nose disorders affect my sense of smell and taste?
Your sense of taste and smell are directly connected to how well your nose is functioning. Whereas t...
What are the treatment options for allergic rhinitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
If your allergic rhinitis symptoms are interfering with your daily life, you should talk to your doc...
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?
Why Do I Keep Getting Bloody Noses?