Why did my doctor tell me to wear sunscreen while taking Voltaren?

When you are taking Voltaren, your skin may be more sensitive to the sun’s rays, so you should try to stay out of the sun while you’re taking this medicine. If you have to go out in the sun, put on sunscreen (at least SPF 15) and wear long sleeves and a wide-brimmed hat to protect you from the sunlight.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
What should I know before using topical salicylic acid?
If you have impaired kidney function or impaired liver function, you should avoid prolonged use of t...
What are NSAIDs?
NSAIDs, or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, are medications that decrease inflammation and...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?