Who should take ibuprofen?

Ibuprofen is intended for people with mild to moderate symptoms of inflammation, fever and pain. Long-term use of ibuprofen should be approved by your doctor. When using ibuprofen to treat a child's fever, it should not be used for more than three days. If the child's fever is persistent, seek medical attention right away. If the pain last more than 10 days while using ibuprofen, talk to the doctor. Ibuprofen is sometimes added ingredients in cough and cold medications. Be sure to check the ingredient list before giving your child a separate dose of ibuprofen. Although ibuprofen is safe for use with children, it's important to follow dosing instructions carefully to avoid serious side effects.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
How can I prevent side effects from NSAIDs?
Here are some ways you can lower your risk of developing side effects from nonsteroidal anti-inflamm...
Can I use an NSAID with a triptan for my migraines?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Adding a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), such as naproxen, to a triptan can help increa...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?