Who should not take Acuvail?

Acuvail should not be used by people with allergies to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen. It also should not be instilled in the eye while wearing contact lenses. Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not use Acuvail. People who have diabetes, arthritis, bleeding disorders or eye problems, such as glaucoma, cornea damage or excessive dryness, should make sure that the doctor prescribing Acuvail knows.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
What other drugs affect NSAIDs?
NSAIDs reduce blood flow to the kidneys and therefore reduce the action of diuretics and decreas...
What should I know before I take celecoxib?
If you are over age 65, celecoxib may not be a good option for you. If you are allergic to sulfa dr...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?