What should I avoid while taking NSAIDs?

When you first begin taking NSAIDs, avoid driving or operating machinery, as you may become drowsy after your first dose. Avoid combining NSAIDs with blood thinning medications and blood pressure medications.

Children should only take NSAIDs under close supervision, as they risk developing Reye's syndrome if aspirin is taken for chicken pox, influenza and other viral diseases. Do not use NSAIDs to treat the pain from a coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery. Do not use any other over-the-counter cold, allergy or pain medication without first asking your doctor or pharmacist. Many medicines available over-the-counter contain NSAIDS or other medicines similar to NSAIDS, and if you take certain products together you may accidentally take too much of the same medication.

Continue Learning about Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs

An Alarming Side Effect of NSAIDs: Ovulation Stops
If the Duchess of Cambridge (Kate Middleton) had been taking any of the three common NSAIDs mentioned below, for any of the aches and pains that accom...
What are the possible side effects of NSAIDS?
Because NSAIDs affect chemicals that protect areas of your digestive tract, overusing NSAIDs can cau...
How should I take NSAIDs?
Because NSAIDs come in many different forms and combinations, the way to take them depends on th...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?